Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Listen to the music...

How could I forget about last.fm???



My friend Jodi introduced me to to last.fm, wow...5 or 6 years ago. It's been a long time. I was reading one of my blogs that I follow (Simple Mom, if you're interested) and Tsh mentioned that she listens to music while she blogs and linked to her last.fm profile. Whistles and alarms went off. I have one of those!!! So today I recovered my username and password (iamthehunter, also if you're interested) so that I too could listen to the awesomeness that is last.fm. Don't get me wrong, I love Pandora but what happens when I go over my monthly limit? Right?
So for those of you who don't know what last.fm is, they describe themselves as a recommendation system. You download the "scrobbler" (I love that word!) and listen to your music, on your itunes, on their site, wherever and it keeps track of what you like so that it can find new music that you might be interested in. It saves all of your songs into your library which you can play as whole.
Saving your library is a really neat feature because my profile still has all my old music on it, since I haven't logged on in a while, and I'm listening to stuff I forgot I loved. HA! Hooverphonic, mewithoutyou, Turbonegro! Awesome!!!
Last.fm is free, the scrobbler is free to download and I'm on a mission to find some new awesome music so it's hitting the spot right now. You should check it out.


(source: weheartit)

How do you listen to music?

xox
Me