Thursday, May 6, 2010

Oh Martha, how I love thee...

Have any of you figured out that I just looove Martha? Well in case you didn’t know, I do! She’s definitely an idol of mine and I don’t care what anyone says (that includes you Monster!) I think she’s a fantastic self made woman. This morning The Love and I had some time to kill before I went to work so we stopped off at Home Depot. We picked up some more plants for the garden, some herbs and a freesia!!! They smell so unbelievably good it isn’t even funny. My aunt Leah wears that scent and it always smelled so good, but then you smell the real deal and it BLOWS YOUR MIND! Seriously! This is the color I got.



I’m not sure what the deal was when we were trying to check out but the cashier was trying to leave, I think, and she was talking to another employee about some blocks that a customer purchased and this went on for like 5 minuets until we just gave up and went alllll the way to the other side of the store (stupid self checkout was closer…but we had plants! Self checkout doesn’t work for plants!) As we walked to the other side we had to pass the paint section and I couldn’t help but drool over the new Martha paints even though they replaced my beloved Ralph Lauren paints. I was sooo excited when I saw that they had the color card they kept showing off on her show and it has EVERY color in her palette on it. Awesome reference. I can’t wait to paint something now. *insert maniacal laughter here*




Key points in the video:
2:30 for the super awesome rainbow cake that I will be making, for sure!
4:41 Martha in the Home Depot "Do it herself" workshop demo featuring her new paint line
7:12 FINALLY! This is where Martha and editorial director Kevin Sharkey talk about her new paint line, all the amazing colors and show off that sweet sweet color card I keep talking about!